Summary: In this article, we will share the guide on how to fast convert Canon MXF to MPEG-2 video for Sony Vegas further editing. If you wanna import Canon MXF files to Sony Vegas, go through the page to get some useful tips.
What is MXF
MXF, short for Material Exchange Format, is a new developed video container format for professional digital video and audio media defined by a set of SMPTE standards. This video format is created specifically for HD digital camcorders including Canon XF, Panasonic P2.
If you have one of these camcorders like Canon XF100, Canon XF105, Canon C300, Canon XF305, you must be familiar with the MXF format, because Canon XF series camcorders output captured data in MXF extension.
What software(Windows) for Canon MXF editing
Avid, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Sony Vegas will be good choice.
How to import Canon MXF to Sony Vegas for further editing
There are an increasing number of professional video editing tools that can work with MXF files natively including Avid, Adobe Premiere Pro 3.1 or above, and Sony Vegas. But some people find it is not convenient for them to import Canon MXF to Sony Vegas for editing. There are several reasons.
1. If the structure of MXF files changed, you’ll find impossible to directly import MXF videos into Sony Vegas.
2. Since the MXF format is relatively new, many video editors including the Sony Vegas are lacking of native support to it, or are only just starting to add support for this file type.
Here we’d like to offer you the easiest solution to editing Canon MXF in Sony Vegas.
In fact, it’s not hard. The best and easiest way to let Sony Vegas work with Canon MXF files is to convert these files to Sony Vegas compatible formats like MPEG-2, WMV and MOV previously. You can get the best Canon MXF to MPEG-2 Converter which can help you to convert Canon MXF to MPEG-2, the supported format for Vegas that makes it possible to smoothly import MXF recordings to Sony Vegas for editing.
Step 1: Click the adding button to add your Canon MXF files to the best Canon MXF to Sony Vegas Converter.
1. If you want to merge Canon MXF files, just need to check the “Merge into one” box.
2. You shouldn’t move the single MXF video out of the whole MXF whole structure folder, or the MXF video would be wrong such as without audio.
Step 2: Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and then move your pointer to Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas > MPEG-2, which is the Sony Vegas compatible video format. Afterwards, you can set the output folder.
Step 3: Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into “Profile Settings” interface. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
1. You’d better keep your original video size and set the frame rate as 30fps for adding Canon MXF footages to Sony Vegas Pro.
2. Click Edit button and you can deinterlace 1080i Canon MXF files for Sony Vegas via checking off the “Deinterlacing” box in the Video Editor.
Step 4: Click the “Convert” button; it will convert Canon MXF to MPEG-2 for Sony Vegas immediately. After the conversion is done, you can get the output MPEG-2 video for Sony Vegas, and you can import and edit the file in Sony Vegas without any trouble.