Outline: DVDS can take up a lot of space, so why not copy DVDS to NAS for streaming? Today, Crobsoft tells you how to turn a DVD into an original quality nas for copying or streaming, but not direcrly to copy DVDS to nas.
Do you have many old-fashioned DVDS in your corner? You may want to know whether there is a way to will be your favorite DVD recording into digital format, then, will be duplicating a DVD store in your NAS (network storage devices), and then through the media stream (such as the WD TV live hub, PS4, PS3, Xbox one amazon fire, apple TV, TV, Google TV, etc.) in your watching on television. Even just getting rid of the DVD player.
Now, the question is, right? You need to think about how to turn a DVD into the NAS. Here, we’re talking about recording DVDS to nas, rather than copying DVDS to nas. Why is that?
Why not copy the DVD to NAS?
Almost all DVD movies are encrypted with CSS copy protection. The decryption key is stored in a starting area where the disk is usually inaccessible. If you try to copy the contents of the encrypted DVD to the NAS, you usually have an error. However, if you use a software player to play the movie, it will authenticate the CD in the drive, allowing you to copy without making an error, without copying the encryption key. If you try to play the copied VOB file, the decoder will request the key from the dvd-rom drive, and you will not be able to copy the error message “unable to play the copied protected file”. So you need a professional but safe DVD ripper.
Thankfully, there are plenty of DVD ripper software to do that. Crobsoft‘s DVD ripper app is a powerful software that has the ability to decrypt DVDS, eliminate copy prevention, and make disk unrestricted and unaccessible. The program is good at making its programs intuitive to new users and powerful enough to meet the needs of expert customers. It has good video/audio quality, quick fetching speed and very stable. It doesn’t take a few minutes to know how the program works for any skill level user. All you need to do is load a CD, set your output parameters, and click start.
Using a powerful and easy-to-use DVD to the nas ripper, you can rerecord DVDS of DVD MP4, AVI, MKV, movies, WMV, MPG, FLV, F4V, M4V, and other formats of nas flow without quality loss.
MP4 is generally accepted by almost all media players, mobile devices and TV. So my suggestion is to save the DVD to NAS in MP4 format.
The best DVD to NAS ripper key features:
- Support homemade DVDS, including your good memories;
- Support encrypted DVDS protected by CSS, regional, RCE, SONY ARccOS and PuppetLock, or some other DVD.
- Record the encrypted DVD to the NAS without installing any third plug-in;
- The DVD was recorded and copied to nas, including Synology nas, QNAP nas, FreeNAS, Asustor nas or other nas;
- DVD to iPhone, iPad air, Microsoft surface, Android, samsung, PS3, PS4, xbox 360, xbox 360, xbox one, Wii, WDTV, QuickTime, Zune, visible, amazon Kindle, Sandisk, eli, creative zen, PMP, MP3 player and other optimized NAS formats;
- Allow users to shrink DVD movie sizes to store more films to NAS;
- Record DVD to MP4, mpeg-4, h.264, MKV, film, WMV, AVI, MPG, M4V, FLV and many other formats, including HD and 3D video format;
- Easy to extract audio tracks or background music from DVD to FLAC, MP3, M4A, WMA, AC3, OGG, etc.
- Support for NVIDIA ® CUDATM technology, DVD to NAS conversion is processing on NVIDIA GPU, rather than your computer CPU, leaving more CPU can be used to handle other applications;
- Support the built-in video editor, you can customize DVD movies according to your own needs. You can rotate video, apply special visual effects, change video parameters, trim, cut, add subtitles, watermark, etc.
- The metadata of DVD movies that support search loading, including film directors, actors, instructions, release dates, genres, etc.
- Support to adjust output video resolution, frame rate, bitrate, etc.
- Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7 / XP, etc.
Note that this guide uses the screenshots of Video Converter Windows (Windows 8 included) version. The operation on Mac OS X is almost the same, just get the similar version.
Step 1. Add videos to the converter
Step 2. Select the output video format
Step 3. Specify the video, audio settings
Tip: You can output multiple audio/subtitle stream for mkv/mp4 format.
Step 5. Give the output file some effect
Tip: We will add more effects in the future.
Step 5. Start to convert